Today's lesson is about how Christ can change a person instantly. Billy uses two example, Augustine and John Newton, who both experienced a dramatic conversion. Reminds me of Paul, aka Saul, who was going around persecution Christians after Christ's death. He had a run in with Christ and was changed in a moment.
As for my own experience, it was nearly so dramatic, but it is my story. Lost, alone and pregnant, I found Christ. I knew without hesitation that is what I needed - salvation. God always makes a way for people to find him. Mine just so happened to be through my pregnancy. Sure times were tough afterwards. But I can't say that it wasn't for a reason because I know it was all for good.
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV)
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment