Saturday, October 5, 2013

Can't get no....Satisfaction

What a difference a day makes. Definitely, a far cry from yesterday....
Satisfaction - Day 81. Not finding things that satisfies one seems to be the norm these days. My spouse doesn't satisfy me, so I am going to get it from someone else. I'm not satisfied at work, so I'm going to look for another job. I'm not satisfied with life, so I am going to take my life.
The Bible has a different view point on what we as humans should be satisfied  y....The creator of the human masterpiece is always there. He can satisfied every desire that is bound up in truth. This may not be the same view we as humans hold but if we look at situations in the same light as God, one would see the whole picture. The problem is today, most people are unwilling to see how their current situation will glorify God. They want to jump ship and be their own god. Ignore the God of the world that can see far into the future. He knows every step, thought, and situation we will ever get into.

As Billy notes, our spiritual problems can only be resolved by God. As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. (Psalm 17:15 NIV)

This verse says that one day all injustices will be vindicated and when we awake, we will be satisfied by His likeness.  Or in other words, we will know that justice has been served by the only judge of the world and not question it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and be thinking of me as I help chaperone 60 teenage choir members to a practice competition.  The heaviness of the weight of that responsibility has me wondering why did I sign up for this....but the up side is going to the movies afterwards.  Then come home and collapse in my nice warm bed with my faithful dog.  I can only hope that I get enough sleep.

Be blessed and bless someone with your smile!
Another state park encounter with deer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment