Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dependence

Society today has an attitude of entitlement.  I am entitled to receive benefits from the government because that's the way I survive.  I am entitled to big house and luxury car because my parents had it.  People dumb down the work ethic of past centuries.  They forget that their parents worked for everything they got.  They don't see the point of working because they can take advantage of the system.  Billy mentions that God has given every person on earth the ability to work hard if they are able.  Even some of those that are not fully capable sometime finds a way to contribute to society.    When an employer does good, the employee also benefits since they get to keep their jobs.  When an employer does poorly, he faces tough decisions.  Sometimes he has to lay people off, or even worse, close down.  Either way, God can be glorified.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. (James 1:17 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment